Chet Zar is a multi-disciplined artist who’s worked professionally in Hollywood since the late 80s. He’s worked for Rick Baker’s Cinovation Studios on movies like Men In Black II and the Tim Burton Planet of the Apes movie, as well as a stint at Mike Elizalde’s Spectral Motion on the Hellboy and X-MEN series of films. Lots more stuff too. Anyone remember Darkman or Warriors of Virtue? Yeah, he worked on those too.
He currently makes a living doing original fine art illustrations and has a new kickstarter documentary about his life and work called I LIKE TO PAINT MONSTERS.
We talk about that and more in this wide-ranging chat.
- May 23rd – Solo Art Show in New York, NY at the Last Rites Tattoo & Art Gallery.
- June 6th @ 6PM – Screening of I Like To Paint Monsters in Albuquerque, NM at the Kimo Theater.
- September 18th – Curating Art Exhibit at the Son of Monsterpalooza show in Burbank, CA.
- November 21st – Booth and Artwork For Sale at the DesignerCon in Pasadena, CA.
Music Used In The Podcast
- Elsiane; buy all their albums. They’re awesome.